2011 is coming to an end. Wait… say wha????
Seriously, I actually remember how bloody long and annoying 2010 was, and how it kicked my ass left right and centre. And how much I waited for 2011, in the hope of change and all things new. 2011 was everything I wanted it to be, and so much more. Both in the good and the bad. And I don’t want it to be over, not yet. Specially not if with the end of a year, and the beginning of a new one, things change. For once, I don’t want change, I want things to be the way they are…with emotions.
I realized it’s easier to summarize when you have a lot of stuff to crib about. But oh well.
My annual round-up: 2011
- The year started with a lot of change. More importantly, it started in the numbing chilling winters of Delhi, with my whole family, and it was perfect.
- A new job, new colleagues, new hopes.
- I finally moved out of my cockroach inhabited PG, and moved in with accommodating college friends, for a month. I then went out on a search for a place to live on my own in Mumbai, and soon came to realize that it was the joke of the century. I did finally move into an apartment, which I love even more because it reminds me of Delhi.
- I went back to an office I never thought I would set foot in again.
- I decided I was more important than anything else in the world. I also realized that that decision can go terribly wrong.
- My love for shopping and shoes finally jumped out of the closet, and went super crazy.
- I travelled a LOT.
- I ate even more.
- I cooked. Well, I tried. A bit.
- I realized the importance of friends.
- And of love.
- I started using green and blue kajal. And eyeliner. And mascara. And lip gloss!
- I own a shoe with a bow on it.
- And quite a few dresses.
- Yes, I turned into a girl.
- I survived session 2 of monsoons in this crazy city.
- After much deliberation, I finally realized things needed to change. And started a new life. And a new blog.
- For the first time in my life, I let go of my ego, and held onto the very last morsels of my will, parts I didn’t know existed.
- I believed.
- I realized, that contrary to popular belief, and mine, I actually do have emotions. Much much more than I had ever anticipated. And I can cry. Even if I don’t want to. A lot.
- More importantly, I realized, I am capable of being happy, and not just indifferent.
- And capable of living, and not just existing.
2011, you have been amazing. And equally cruel as well. But I’d like to believe it was all for me to learn.
2012, I would really really appreciate if you could find it in yourself, to carry on 2011’s legacy and not take the easier path of kicking my ass.
P.S. I just realized that I still haven’t made a wishlist for 2012. Damn.
New Year’s Resolution: Think of a resolution.
P.P.S. What's with all the fuss about New Year's celebrations? Would it kill to actually sleep on time and start the new year all fresh and not hungover?!?!