|Image Courtesy: www.tresmode.com|
So here’s the deal, I’m 5’6”…and apparently for a girl in India, that’s really tall. Mostly because I’m as tall as a lot of men around me. I’d say that reflects on the men rather than me, but seriously, who cares.
What this usually means is that any and every time I choose to wear heels, I get a lot of questioning looks.
“But why do you need heels? You’re already so tall!”
I’d like to tell the girl at that time that she’s just jealous, but instead I might as well let her know why I actually wear heels.
- When living in Mumbai, heels are a good way of staying elevated above the muck in monsoons...though it might just be the end of your beloved heels
- When living in Delhi, heels serve as a good weapon in case a guy is getting a little too close for comfort
- The above two points can be geographically interchangeable
- Heels make your legs look way slimmer, and way longer...though not half as anorexic as the chick in the pic above
- It does good things for other parts of your body as well ;)
- Clothes just somehow look better with heels
- When you really don’t want to go anywhere else with your boring company, you can just make a girly face and say, “Oh but I can’t…I’m wearing heels!”
- You feel a little more Carrie Bradshawish…so what if I don’t have my own column in the paper? I can at least have the Manolo’s!
- Ok, so I obviously can’t afford Manolo’s, but Tres Mode, Aldo and Charle’s and Keith are totally the Third World’s Manolo Blahnics!
- People have at times complained that I can be intimidating thanks to my apparent lack of social skills and lack of want of the same. And with heels even more so. Win-win, I tell you!
- Plus at the end of the day, they’re just oh so pwetty!!!
P.S. Yes, I’m in a girly mood. I’m allowed sometimes.
P.P.S. No, there is no underlying larger than life meaning to this post.
P.P.P.S. Yes, bullet points, I missed them! :)