Monday, September 12, 2011

The Beginning

As I sat at my laptop, staring at my final post on my blog, I felt a mixture of emotions… Sadness, at what seemed to be almost the end of an era in some magnified part of my brain…and elation. Elation to be free. Free of all the baggage, of the history, of the past. Free of everyone knowing who I am and where I came from.
And then I spent days staring at my laptop screen, thinking about the way ahead. I realized I could now be anybody. I could have an anonymous blog, I could be whoever I wanted, I could write whatever I wanted, without feeling scared, without being judged, without worrying about society, and worse, friends. The idea was rather appealing, except for one tiny nagging feeling at the back of my head.
If you’ve ever experienced anything nagging at a particular point at the back of your head, well, you know how persistent it can be. After some time, you don’t really have a choice but to shut up and let the point have its say. And boy, did it have a say.
So this was the final decision.
I want to write whatever I want, without feeling scared, without being judged, without worrying about society, and worse, friends.
But I want to be me.
And you know what? I should be able to do all of the above being me.
And that’s what I want this blog to be. Me, stripped down to the core. Me, speaking my mind. Me, being truthful. Me, as I am today, at this very moment. Me, being me.
Because frankly, I kinda like the real me.
I hope you will too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do let me know what you think!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...